New York-based accessories brand KARA is looking for a designer. Position reports to Creative Director, 3-5 experiences needed, please see below for details.
– Entrepreneurial spirit: thinks outside the box, is motivated and enjoys solving problems
– Strong organizational skills
– Likes fashion, products and enjoys working with other entrepreneurial mindsets
– Practical – Enjoys working in a growing small business
– Excels in translating an idea through problem solving to realizing reality
– works in 3D – able to model prototypes and has basic sewing skills
– Proactive and adaptable to changing priorities
Creative Director / Owner
Experience / Background:
– 3 to 5 years in accessory design
This candidate will:
â¢ Bring creative ideas to the table and translate them correctly into an aesthetic that
reflects and elevates the brand
â¢ Sketch by hand and use Adobe Illustrator
â¢ Create technical packages
â¢ Sourcing new materials: leather, fabrics, etc.
â¢ Research the latest techniques and developments by researching factories if necessary
â¢ Present inspiration to the Creative Director on an ongoing basis in the form of current trends, techniques with imagery or with test panels.
â¢ Collaborate / communicate closely with suppliers and the production manager throughout the sampling process
Salary – Base salary $ 85k
To apply: please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Designate.